|IndexFAQMember listActive usersLatest postsSearch
|Posted on 2023-09-19 15:15 Link | ID: 700
|I don’t like them
|Posted on 2023-09-22 00:08 Link | ID: 701
|I feel like the purchase of any kind of Apple product can be put into at least one of the following categories:
- Technology for people afraid of technology
- People who use it as a means of attempting to show their wealth
- Professional graphic artists, designers, video editors and the like
- Tech people who have more money than brains
I fall into none of these, so as such don't really use any Apple products. But I also understand some people's reasons for going Apple. Being the only reasonably stable platform you can run Adobe products is great for before mentioned media professionals, and the hardware is at the very least predictable in what you will get, if you have the money to burn on it.
I used to be more extreme in my opinions about iOS devices when I was younger, but now I mostly don't care now that I'm no longer in primary school and don't get homophobic slurs thrown at me because I show up with an Android. The increasing degradation of Android's productive utility has probably played a role too, inching ever so closer to being as locked down as iOS.
|Posted on 2023-09-22 00:17 Link | ID: 703
|Best mock-ups in digital history.
|Posted on 2023-10-02 05:42 Link | ID: 707
|They're a bunch of cunts, always have been, ever since that original Mac - which didn't even ship with a terminal. I can't say they're without their merits though:
- the iPhone SE was actually a good phone for the price and form factor
- their C++ compiler eventually became the basis for the one in FreeBSD
- Safari isn't a bad browser by any means, nor is the WebKit engine (if only a good QtWebKit/WebKitGTK browser was still around but you know...)
macOS these days is a piece of shit, ever since Yosemite era, though El Capitan was pretty good, after that it became absolute dog shit.
|Posted on 2023-12-31 19:34 Link | ID: 744
|Everything they've made in the last ~25 years is overpriced garbage.
Rendered in 7.971 ms with 539KB memory used
Voxelmanip Forums (Cirrusboard)
© 2022-2023 ROllerozxa, et al.