Voxelmanip Forums
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-10-22 12:48 Link | ID: 512
Alongside old Android games, I'm sure there's a lot of nostalgia for old Android versions too...

The initial threshold for my Android version nostalgia would have to be at Android 2.x up until Gingerbread. There's some for 4.x too, but honestly Android KitKat was kinda the start for the modern looking Android we know of today. I'm sure you can also still find some bargain bin phone aisle still running KitKat, and Google is still maintaining Play Services for it last I checked.

For some reason I have this weird obsession with the pre-Gingerbread gradiented and light status bar. I remember seeing it on an old LG phone running 2.x (pretty sure it came with an older version but we updated it to 2.3) and on my old ZTE Light tablet which ran 2.2 until my dad rooted it and installed CyanogenMod based on 2.3.

That ZTE Light tablet was pretty crapo (and barely any internal storage! remember the times when it was measured in megabytes?), but I didn't really have much to compare it against. I enjoyed most of the games I've posted about on this tablet, and it wasn't until when we got a Nexus 7 tablet in early 2013 that I got a bit of an upgrade. The Nexus 7 came with an earlier version of 4.x, but I upgraded it to KitKat, letting it stay on 4.4.4 even when Lollipop was released. There's still some nostalgia for the Nexus 7 and KitKat days, but not nearly as much.
Danil_2461 Danil_2461
Posted on 2022-10-31 06:44 Link | ID: 514
i absolutely love kitkat because of its general aesthetic, and the fact i pretty much grew up using it.
my old chinese tablet that i got in around 2013 as a gift from my father ran kitkat and i remmeber playing tons of games on that thing
sadly, me, being a stupid 6 year old, overloaded the tablet with games and shit, and after it started to become laggy, i became angry and eventually i just smashed the tablet into my forehead (but thats not relevant :D )
anyways, kitkat is in my opinion the best looking android so far for me. and so are all others before it. android used to look so sexy! now it looks like oversimplified round polished piece of crap.. :(

sometimes i get a huge need to make my honor 7s look like kitkat or marshmallow, and oh boy its painful!
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-11-01 17:25 Link | ID: 528
I don't really have any nostalgia for android since I never really had a phone until like 2016 and that was an iphone... (yeah, it really weirds me out how some of you were hanging around niche circles really far back and coding and stuff, most of which I never knew existed until then or maybe 2014)

I remember 7.1 or so from another phone but that was about it
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-11-10 06:55 Link | ID: 569
yeah, kitkat was my everything back then.
but it's interface is too bright compared to other 4.x versions.
about that, compa, coding and that kind of stuff, it was just one of my parent's friend introducing me to html/css/js when i was like 9.
got bored of coding 'till i downloaded smilebasic on my n3ds.
and yeah, niche circles is often something you stumble upon when you're a kid and end up taking a liking to it.