Voxelmanip Forums
Danil_2461 Danil_2461
Posted on 2022-06-28 09:12 Link | ID: 50
hi! i made this thread/post in lynx while reinstalling my arch linux. i really doubtd (?) that the page would even render, but no, rollers a good enough web designer to make the website fairly usable even on a shitty webbrowser like lynx. horraay! :D
i use arch btw
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-06-28 09:55 Link | ID: 52
lol you're so cute... basically anything that doesn't flat out require javascript works in text browsers. Which of course means this forum works, since it only makes use of tiny amounts of javascript that aren't critical to posting on it. Oh and plus the table-based layout also makes it look significantly better than ones that don't.

Gonna let you in on a little secret... Usually when being on VMF on my computer I use NetSurf. Works perfectly fine, fraction of the resource usage with Firefox :LOL:
luatic luatic
Posted on 2022-06-28 20:36 Link | ID: 58
Lynx actually makes quite an effort to handle HTML & CSS well.
Xrdr Xrdr
Posted on 2022-06-28 22:38 Link | ID: 59
I was going to one-up by posting from my old-ass Android tablet but appears it is even too old for the Voxelmanip Forums. :(

Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-06-28 23:40 (edited 2022-06-28 23:41) Link | ID: 61
Could try running an instance of Glype or phproxy on a local server and using that to connect to the board.

As far as I know there isn't a means of running TLS 1.2 on old Android versions: Firefox Mobile (try something like v31.x or lower) may work, however...
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-06-29 20:02 Link | ID: 80
I could also just make something like I did on principia-web where you can bypass the HTTPS redirect using a cookie, and then use regular HTTP without getting redirected. It's not like this site is proxied through Cloudflare, so that would be possible for me to implement. I just don't want accidental downgrading to insecure HTTP to happen but that it will be a very deliberate action done on a device that does not support the newest TLS versions.
olive olive
Posted on 2022-06-29 21:30 Link | ID: 87
Error message leaves a bit to be desired…
Editing the URL reveals that the HTTPS redirect in fact worked, and is probably to blame here as well.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-06-30 00:25 Link | ID: 90
I could also just make something like I did on principia-web where you can bypass the HTTPS redirect using a cookie, and then use regular HTTP without getting redirected. It's not like this site is proxied through Cloudflare, so that would be possible for me to implement. I just don't want accidental downgrading to insecure HTTP to happen but that it will be a very deliberate action done on a device that does not support the newest TLS versions.
How would one be able to set the cookie on say, an embedded device that doesn't have access to the cookie store (like the 3DS mentioned in the previous post)?
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-08-18 20:37 Link | ID: 469
I went ahead and punched a bit of a hole in the forum's automatic HTTPS redirection, so you can post here on more... exotic devices, if you will. Now you can bypass it if you have a cookie named force-http, which can be set by going to http://forum.voxelmanip.se/force-http.php on said device.

Typing this from Opera 12.02 on Windows 2000 BTW.
Danil_2461 Danil_2461
Posted on 2022-09-14 07:52 Link | ID: 481
I made this message on my dads IPhone 6 from Safari in my new high school. Cheers y’all!!!!! Fuck you
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-09-14 08:33 Link | ID: 485
too much information, none of us needed to know that
olive olive
Posted on 2023-04-11 16:23 (edited 2023-04-11 17:15) Link | ID: 628
Hello from mothra on Plan 9 (9front)!
The forum is functional, but graphically not the best.
The only real issue is quotes are indistinguishable from regular messages.
Pfps appear twice and mothra dosen't resize images which takes much vertical space, but with Plan 9's way of scrolling this isn't a big issue.
Please await my figuring out taking a screen-shot in a non-raw format you lot can see.

Edit @ 3:05 PM
Ok so apparently you can't double-post here before 12hrs is up.
Lost my typed out message damnit. Input box in this browser is really buggy if you type something longer than the box.
Imagine LT and GT are themselves, seems I can't post those either without the sanitizer messing my post up.

So, snapping is easy, just topng LT/dev/screen GTsnap.png.

Then to upload to catbox.moe, it's hpost -u https://nofun.catbox.moe/ -m https://catbox.moe/user/api.php submit:Upload reqtype:fileupload fileToUpload@snap.png.

Could also do it through the browser if I wanted.

ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2023-04-26 10:08 Link | ID: 630
Haha, hey, at least it's kinda usable! :D

The reason there's duplicate profile picture and username is because there's two post layouts. One for desktop where it's a column left to the post text, and one for mobile where it's a row above the post text. Usually the inactive layout would be hidden with CSS but... I assume this doesn't support any CSS, like, at all. :LOL:
Compa Compa
Posted on 2023-08-16 11:26 Link | ID: 673
Gonna let you in on a little secret... Usually when being on VMF on my computer I use NetSurf. Works perfectly fine, fraction of the resource usage with Firefox :LOL:
Holy fucking BASED