Voxelmanip Forums
blargg blargg
Posted on 2022-07-28 21:21 Link | ID: 382
Oh yeah, also feel free to suggest what blocks I should add next! Even some outlandish ones that make use of Minetest functionality would be fun to add.
Could we get some more slab types? That would be cool, or even stairs too since Minetest can store rotation metadata and such.

Oh and also, the newer stones from 1.8, and all the stone brick variants. Would give some more variety to build with.
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-28 21:38 Link | ID: 388
Sure, yeah, I'll add the 1.8 stone and stonebrick variants. Also more slabs are coming as well, I just have to figure out some way to put slab variants of all node variants where it would make sense.
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-07-29 00:14 Link | ID: 390
The extra MC wood variants would be nice. (Morning wood, not so nice.)

Is there a way of embedding music in the server too? Kinda sounds quiet...
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-29 14:06 Link | ID: 395
The extra MC wood variants would be nice.
I assume you mean the post-beta wood types (Acacia, jungle, that blue nether wood...)? Because there's already birch and spruce wood and their plank variants on the second page of the block selection inventory. :eyeshift: Either way, I could probably see myself adding the acacia and jungle wood types, maybe not dark oak or the nether woods (blue nether wood, more like mold infested wood).

Is there a way of embedding music in the server too? Kinda sounds quiet...
Minetest does support large looped audio files (...music...) but all media will need to be downloaded before joining the server. I'd rather want to add short looping ambient noises for ambiance than full out music, but generally you could just listen to whatever while playing on the server. (preferrably tracker music played with openmpt123 >_> )
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-10-22 12:23 Link | ID: 511
Hm, I haven't posted here in a while haven't I...

I have revamped the textures to use copyright unencumbered ones. The server has also been rebranded into "The Voxelmanip Classic Server". Lots of new builds have been built, some high up in the sky so be sure to fly up there!

There is now also a verification question that's required to be answered in order to be granted interact privileges, because I was sick of constantly waking up to see the world being torn apart by griefers. If you managed to figure out this site's verification question I'm sure you can figure out the server's question. (Hint: it's simpler than it may look like ;) )
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-12-15 23:10 Link | ID: 603
Dead thread... About a month ago I took some screenshots of various places in the Voxelmanip Classic server with x2048's 'bfs' (BIG FAT SHADERS) branch. They were also featured on the Minetest Fosstodon a while back too.

Danil_2461 Danil_2461
Posted on 2022-12-16 06:55 Link | ID: 604
minetest sure has come a long way graphics wise, hasn't it? now all we need are reflections and we might be better than 99% of minecraft shaders :P
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2023-03-17 22:36 Link | ID: 626
Ahh, the server hasn't seen much activity recently has it...

I have done some refactoring of the game and mods that the server runs on. All the server's mods are now self-contained as one game, which is now fully open source: https://github.com/rollerozxa/voxelmanip-classic. MIT licensed, assets under other licenses.

There is also a Wiki up for the server, because I've always wanted a server with some lore. You can find it at https://classic.voxelmanip.se/, which is intended to act as the server's website from now on.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2023-08-16 11:22 (edited 2023-08-16 11:22) Link | ID: 671
Did you really have to put a ridiculous equation as the verification question? No wonder it hasn't -.-
dibesfer dibesfer
Posted on 2023-10-05 00:57 Link | ID: 714
This is the most intense experience I recall from playing minetest.

Some random dude nicknamed yanderesonly entered the minetest discord. He was writing quickly, some interesting profound shits in a clowny humour. Criticizing old-dated minetest ways to do things and how they didn't fit his superior abilities.

He was making chaos and provoking disagreements on the general channel. So I dm him, willing to channel that energy into some creative force.

I dueled him on who could build the greatest tower, here in The Voxelmanip Classic Server.

We were talking in the public voice channel. Arguing, and discussing controversies around while we were battling creatively.

He built the left tower. Clearly minecraft style. And I did the right tower, with a cobra in the top.

Then he vandalized some buildings by placing blocks around and next to them. For example, behind the rainbow flag "We are valid" he wrote "We are invaluable" in fire. And a vatican flag next to it.

Pretty much chaotic everything, and probably some dubious morality, who am I to judge. But that creative battle we had... I really miss the feeling of building next to someone that energic, realtime.

The rest of the time I'm just reducing my creative pulses to avoid overheating brains around.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2023-10-11 17:44 (edited 2023-10-11 17:45) Link | ID: 717
Sounds like an absolute blast. Kinda like the 'build to the top' mode from old Gmod 9 days.

Then he vandalized some buildings by placing blocks around and next to them. For example, behind the rainbow flag "We are valid" he wrote "We are invaluable" in fire. And a vatican flag next to it.
LOL
abracadabra_palabra abracadabra_palabra
Compa alt
Posted on 2024-03-24 01:13 Link | ID: 758

compa