Voxelmanip Forums
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-07-20 07:31 Link | ID: 329
ROller comes from the land of Volvo and SAAB.

Considering the SAAB 900 turbo is one of my favourite cars ever, helped more by the fact Feeder frontman Grant Nicholas drove one in the music video for Tumble and Fall, and the quality assurance of that brand, well.

I could also sperg on about the Vauxhall VX220 being one of the most overlooked cars ever just because of the badge. The Nova and Calibra, as well as the currently-produced Insignia are also all excellent. (The Tigra is kawaii so bonus points!)

I won't get started on japanese cars yet.
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-20 09:08 Link | ID: 330
I find it funny how people still know about SAAB even though the car company has been dead for pretty much a decade at this point, going bankrupt in 2012. But I guess cars themselves don't die until they get trashed in a landfill.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-07-20 09:40 (edited 2022-07-20 09:45) Link | ID: 334
They're actually good and in rather high abundance, plus there was the rigorous safety tests they became famous for too.

Volvo make some of the few estate cars that don't look like they had the entire back portion stuck on as an afterthought, so huge props to them, even if I used to think they were ugly and 'for old people' when I was little (god, how dumb of me).

BMW estates look great too, though IMO the E30, E36 and E46 models are probably the greatest BMWs ever made.
luatic luatic
Posted on 2022-07-23 16:45 Link | ID: 343
Mhm, don't forget to mention that the SAAB 9-5 and 9-3 models are awesome too.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-07-24 17:49 Link | ID: 347
Obviously (especially the convertible 9-3).
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-24 23:13 Link | ID: 351
I kinda miss our old Volvo S70 (~1996) car. It was nice and slightly spacier than our current car, but it was a bit of a pain. The AC was broken for the longest time, the seats were a bit ergh, the stereo died and ate the CD that was in it, and it just barely passed the inspections.
Coromax Coromax
Posted on 2022-07-25 12:36 Link | ID: 356
Finally a car thread! :D

I really like my current 2005 Honda Civic EU8. It's so far my first car, but it has been really reliable and a good car to drive thus far. Despite with the fact it was poorly maintained by previous owners and has a problem with the A/C. It also has some rust, which is almost obligatory for an almost 20 year old car in Norway, but I did repair some of it with help from some people i know irl.

Aside from that, I do miss my dad's old Volvo V70 from 2006. That thing was the comfiest car I've ever sat in, but it was a repair hog and it was approaching almost 300 thousand kilometres, meaning the engine was tired and using too much petrol. My dad actually only got rid of it due to repair costs, otherwise that Volvo might've been my first car, not the Civic I currently have.
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-07-30 07:50 Link | ID: 407
i'm not really into cars, but i do be a weeb.
if you like old cars, you might find the yessyaka! manga interesting, just saying.
it's pretty short (20 chapters) and really wholesome.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2023-07-02 08:20 Link | ID: 656
i'm not really into cars, but i do be a weeb.
if you like old cars, you might find the yessyaka! manga interesting, just saying.
it's pretty short (20 chapters) and really wholesome.
do you like eurobeat