Voxelmanip Forums
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-06-24 21:26 Link | ID: 43
Decided to make a thread to document the changes that I do every now and then to the forum's codebase.

Today I did some work on improving the experience of the forum on mobile, inspired by some fixes from another (now dead) forum's codebase quite like this one.
  • The index and forum tables have less superfluous columns on mobile so that things like forum and thread titles get more screen real estate.

• Threadposts now morph on mobile to replace the sidebar with a less detailed bar on the top which only shows your profile picture, username and title. I'm especially proud about this one. :LOL:

More mobile improvements are coming sometime in the future whenever I feel like it.
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-06-25 13:58 Link | ID: 44
Next step is to adapt the reply bar width too.
But those are already cool improvements.
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-15 15:53 Link | ID: 226
I implemented hiding forums by putting them under a hidden dummy category. So now the announcements forum is hidden from the forum index as you can already go to it from the announcements bar. Felt it was a waste to have both visible.
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-07-15 18:48 Link | ID: 241
It wasn't viewable anyway?
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-15 22:47 (edited 2022-07-15 22:47) Link | ID: 243
Huh? It was, at the top of the forum listing and below the announcement bar. Now you can only get to it by the "All Announcements" link. Announcements get posted to an actual forum here unlike in AB2.5 where they get posted into the void.
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-07-15 23:14 (edited 2022-07-16 01:19) Link | ID: 244
You likely forgot to set it to visible for users. Alternatively, I'm blind.
The new way works though - any news on making announcement reply-able?

Also, when linking to a post or thread the meta description should change to the first 140 characters of the linked content minus URLs or anything in non-formatting BBCode.

(Also, selecting 'standard' as one's theme causes editprofile to then not respect that choice if you open the page again after saving. ID related perhaps?)
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-16 20:44 Link | ID: 282
You're blind.

Anyways, setting your theme to 'standard' now works correctly. Damn you, Elvis!
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-07-17 00:31 (edited 2022-07-17 00:32) Link | ID: 291
Honestly the 'ABXD Classic (sharp)' theme is a better take on the 'AB2 Standard' theme IMO, but it's cool.

Speaking of ABXD, it seems to organise theming better - at least in 3.0. AcmlmBoard stores the files all over different directories IIRC. (Dunno if it's strictly better, but it's certainly easier to manage on the FTP side.)
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-18 12:34 Link | ID: 303
Added thread preview yesterday so you can more easily read over the context of a thread before submitting a reply. Also forgot to say that I revamped the code tags to be less eh, and some other minor code fixes and improvements that may not be entirely noticeable. (like headers of threadposts in e.g. the profile sample post now connects into the threadpost table)

I've also started to add some more themes. Some might be rather recognisable, such as the Nostalgia or Stringency theme which may or may not be the default themes on some other Acmlmboard... ;)
Compa Compa
Posted on 2022-07-19 02:32 (edited 2022-07-19 02:33) Link | ID: 313
I've heard the K64 owner doesn't like people using that board's themes elsewhere.

Black Matrix is awesome by the way... could you also possibly bring over "XKITTEN CIRCUS!! (Compa)" and "Starry Skies (Sherry_)" from roseywhite01/ABXD-Omega, as well as "Desolation (roxahris)" from Board2?

(The latter has no theme credit, but its presence on Jul and the overall style suggests it was created by him.)
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2023-09-22 00:35 Link | ID: 704
Well this thread hasn't seen much activity... Using the Cirrusboard commit list is a much more better changelog than a forum thread. Generally the Voxelmanip Forums have run off of the master branch of Cirrusboard ever since I migrated from the old codebase.

However right now it is running off of the router branch, which contains a rather large restructuring of the codebase to be router-based rather than filesystem-based. Really this is just a technical change, improving the general organisation of things in the codebase. You shouldn't notice it apart from cleaner URLs and potentially some things being a tiny bit faster.

I don't consider it mature enough to be on the master branch, as I haven't documented the changes and new install instructions (or even figured out how the router would work on Apache), but feel perfectly okay dogfooding it as I myself will of course always be able to configure my own stuff and deal with it if it messes up.