Voxelmanip Forums
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-06-16 23:17 Link | ID: 22
About 10 years ago, when i was still in middle school, minecraft was the only thing on everyone's lips.
So, when my friend tild me ge could play minecraft on his mother's phone i immediately was hooked.
As you can guess, it was just some mcpe clone, but still, this game had a very peculiar style, in the gui, in the blocks textures, in the fact that it had no music to encourage you to play your own tunes while playing... i recently had a nostalgia wave and rediscovered this masterpiece.
It is very basic, you can only use creative worlds and the terrains aren't infinite. But this is enough to keep you entertained for a few hours.
Pleas note that the gane is not exactly abandonware rn, but the game changed it's name, it's textures and it's terrain generation and doesn't feel the same anymore.
Because of that, i can only give a link to the old demo version on the apkpure page: https://m.apkpure.com/kiloblocks-lite/com.explorationbase.ExplorationLite/download/1030306-APK?from=versions%2Fversion
Danil_2461 Danil_2461
Posted on 2022-06-21 13:25 Link | ID: 37
oh my god I remember Kiloblocks! I remember playing it all day long when I was a tiny kid, when I couldn't afford Minecraft on my shitty chinese tablet and didn't know the existance of piracy or APK's! glad to hear the game's still remembered.
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-06-21 15:01 Link | ID: 38
honestly, I don't like kiloblocks at all
the old versions had a lot more charm, with the terrain generation and much nicer textures
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2022-07-12 20:55 (edited 2022-07-12 20:56) Link | ID: 191
I remember there being about a billion clones of MC on the iOS store... there were also builds of Minetest for it too (dunno if those are still published), which was actually how I stumbled across the latter.
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-12 22:43 Link | ID: 192
Yeah there is a sizable chunk of mobile Minecraft ripoffs that are just Minetest forks, on the iOS side these are usually forks of M*ltiCraft which in itself is one of the more reputable Minetest forks (...relatively speaking) which contain iOS support. Some traits to detect Minetest forks are absolutely terribly unoptimised UIs (...formspecs...) and containing a zip file in the assets folder with builtin lua code and game files, which it extracts on first startup.

They seem to have gone down in popularity however, instead it's usually Unity voxel game asset-flips nowadays, or even MCPE repackaged which Danil introduced me to the weird rabbit hole of Minecraft ripoffs that are literally old versions of MCPE being redistributed for free on Google Play.
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-07-13 07:55 Link | ID: 197
oh yeah, i saw a lot of those repackaged mcpe with modified textures.
i'm pretty sure that's illegal though
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-13 14:58 (edited 2022-07-13 14:59) Link | ID: 201
It is definitely 100% illegal, just up to Google to actually enforce a quality control on Play Store beyond indiscriminately killing off all apps with functionality they take offense to such as executing arbitrary code outside of app code distributed from the Play Store, accessing the filesystem unrestricted or sideloading APK files.
olive olive
Posted on 2022-07-13 23:15 Link | ID: 211
Exploration! I'd forgotten about this!
Spent quite a bit of time building underwater houses :)
Honestly can't remember if this was before or after I got Minecraft Java, never got Pocket.

Wonder if there's a non-demo version somewhere… unfortunately I updated it on our old tablet.
If only the Google Store kept old versions.
ROllerozxa ROllerozxa
Site Admin
Posted on 2022-07-13 23:29 Link | ID: 212
If only the Google Store kept old versions.
They actually do. If you install something like Aurora Store or Raccoon you are able to manually download a specific version code of an app from Google's servers, as long as the app itself is available for download.

So if the latest version code is 140 something, you could just enumerate downwards and pick 50 or even 1. Some trial and error may be necessary as the versioning scheme may be different and they could also skip many version codes when releasing updates.
olive olive
Posted on 2022-07-14 00:11 (edited 2022-07-14 00:11) Link | ID: 213
I was not aware Aurora Store could do that!

Kiloblock's version is 2000000, tried a bunch and couldn't get anything else to work.

I'm very happy with my pre-gems pre-garage (though it has "Seasons") copy of Hill Climb I now have! (125)
"My" Hill Climb, the one I spent hours playing on my dad's phone.
Distinctly remember using the motorcross on the alien course whilst waiting in a Chinese takeaway :)
Heredos Heredos
Posted on 2022-07-14 07:34 Link | ID: 216
The full version cannot be downloaded through aurora store afaik, and since this is not quite an abandonware, i'll just tell you that the full 1.3.3 can be found on the internet without looking too hard.
EdithKnight (post deleted) ID: 715
Compa Compa
please just get off the internet already jamie
Posted on 2023-10-11 17:11 Link | ID: 716
lmao the post above marks our first spambot. also it was advertising descargar. XD
JamesRose JamesRose
Posted on 2024-03-28 17:12 Link | ID: 759
Yes, that's great. In addition, I see you can also see other mod versions on the homepage